Sunday, April 4, 2010

My testimony and gratitude

Tonight I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I must admit, my gratitude is partly because my children are returning to school tomorrow(after a 3 week track break). My gratitude is also in part for the counsel I received, by a modern day prophet, President Monson, and other church leaders on how to better protect my family from the sins of the world, teaching my children, enduring trials, serving others and reading the Book of Mormon to find direction for my life. BUT- Mostly my gratitude is for my Savior, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for me when he suffered in the Garden and hung on the cross. To my posterity-My testimony is simple. I know my Savior lives. I know He loves me. I know He hears and answers my prayers. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus in the grove. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that families can be together forever and that we can all live with our Heavenly Father again. I know these things to be true because I have prayed and asked Heavenly Father and the spirit has testified to me of their truthfulness. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: