Sunday, May 9, 2010

What does that make you, the mother?

I worked at a trade show yesterday for a company called, CitySmart. There were 5 of us total at the booth and I was the only female. The owner (30) his two younger brother's (mid 20's) and a brother's friend (20 ish). The owner is married but the other three boys are single and capitalizing on any and all opportunities to flirt with girls that came by the booth. One particular girl (22) loitered around the booth longer than necessary. Upon discovering that three of the boys were brothers she inquired to me......"so what does that make you? their mother"? OH PLEASE! WHATEVER. after reeling from that comment for a few minutes I realized to that 22 year old there was no difference between 35 and 45. To her it just meant OLD! Of course logically I am not old enough to be the mother of a 30 year old, nor do i look old enough to be a mother of a 26 year old. To that 22 year old- 26 is probably OLD. The lesson learned: I will not judge plastic surgery recipients as harshly in the future. I may find myself in an office one day- desperately trying to recapture my youthful appearance.

1 comment:

Torrie said...

Maybe they'll give us a twofer if we go in together!