Friday, November 14, 2008

Show me the minutes

Lately I have been pondering how I spend my discretionary minutes. I decided to take a personal inventory and wasn't impressed with my findings. What I discovered is I need to be investing my discretionary time much more wisely. My husband is number one where I need to start. Quinn gets a few precious, sometimes not so precious, minutes each day while I allow facebook, children,Larry King Live, friends, e-mail, domestic duties, exercise, reading, etc . to consume my day. Quinn is a definite assesst to my life and my children's lives so I guess I better pony up and start investing my minutes in one of my strongest assests. I believe when we know better we do better. I know better therefore i will do better.

p.s. just a side note- Tonight my kids and I had the privelege (spelling)??? of co-habitating with the Walker girls (Alyssa-10, Rachelle-8, Lydia-5, Sarah-2). WOW! They are really fantastic gals. I enjoyed hearing about their school day- Since Reece is a child that reveals very little information and I teach Quincy's preschool (if you can call it that) so I know what her school day is like. I also enjoyed soaking up all the tidbits of useless -BUT very entertaining- pieces of information that only 10 & 8 year old girls can dish out.
my heart melted as I observed these girls mothering Trey, Quincy and Reece BUT by the far the most enduring moment was witnessing Sarah and Trey interact. They are both two, well Sarah will be very soon, so there were some tense moments but for the most part they played cohesively with genuine concern for each other. It was really really sweet.

1 comment:

The Leatham Family said...

I strongly believe in the theory of when we know better we do better. God expects us to do better than when we didn't know, right? It's comforting to see that I am not the only one who struggles with the marital priorities. Our biggest cheerleaders are our husbands. They sacrifice so much being the husband, father, primary wage earner, the fix it guy, the best friend and the list goes on. Not asking for much except to be loved and honored for their contribution by their wives. Yes...when we know better we do better and then God always puts reminders up for us when we get off track to help us remember.