Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pillow Talk

WHY WHY WHY???? Quincy has all day to converse with me. ALL DAY! Reece's talking time is limited due to school and Trey's conversational moments are limited, well because he's 2 BUT Quincy has ALL DAY. when is her favorite time to have heart to hearts? BEDTIME. OF COURSE. Tonight's conversation is blog/journal worthy. In about 20+ years I will be sharing this story at her baby shower.
Quincy: Mom when will I be a mommy?
Me: When your 25, married in the temple and graduated from college
Quincy: I dont' want to be a mommy.
Me (silently): Oh I've ruined her. I'm such a horrible mother she doesn't even want to follow in my footsteps.
Me (outloud): Why not?
Quincy: Because I don't want to get any shots from the doctor
Side note- two months ago she got her kindergarten shots- 5 total. She wasn't prepared for them and the pain really traumatized her.
Quincy: How many shots will I get to have a baby?
Me: You don't have to get any shots but if you want it only takes one shot (epidural) to help you have the baby.
Side note- I am beginning to panic- how much information should I give her- she is only 4, almost 5. Why is she asking all these questions and why is she so worried about it.
Quincy: Well I don't need a baby because we already have a baby- Trey.
Me: Trey is my baby and he's not really a baby anymore. You might want your own baby someday.
Quincy: I want Trey to be my baby!
Me: Fine Trey is your baby.
Quincy: I don't want to be a mom because I don't want to drive, plus I hate babies because they slobber on their hands and then they touch me and get me all slobbery. I just wishes came true.
Me: Why what do you wish for?
Quincy: I just wish I could be a catepillar or a butterfly.
Side note: I'm not sure what just happened here but I do know her and I will both get a laugh out of it someday MAYBE at her baby shower.

4 comments:

Torrie said...

I love how their minds work. It's so random.

nina said...

Oh, my baby girl Quincy is so darling!!! I LOVE IT!!!! She obvoiusly hasn't talked with Bella lately because she just learned that babies come out of VAGINAS. I know, big word for such a small girl, but she asked and I told her. This is a great bedtime story AND YOU ARE A GREAT MOM. xoxo.

Vinyl Wonders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vinyl Wonders said...

I am a friend of Torrie's and I love to come on here and read the stories you share of your kiddos. I have a newly turned 5 year old boy and a 2 and a half year old. My 5 yr old Jacob loves pillow talk too. Quincy is such a cutie!