Saturday, June 27, 2009

it's a mystery....

*Why do I wake up @6 a.m. even on the mornings when I can sleep in?
*Why can I run and run for weeks and glimpse barely noticable results BUT simply take a 3 day running hiatus and feel like the pillsbury dough boy?
*Why is it that strands of grey hair went unnoticed in my home mirror but screamed for my attention as I peered, in disbelief, at my reflection, in my temple dress, in the temple dressing room? (it just didn't seem proper to start plucking right then, but I had to- there were so many and they were screaming).
*Why is it I can listen to BYU women's conference for hours, feel completely uplifted spiritually, resolve to do better-be better and then one trip to the mall leaves me feeling deflated, hopelessly out of style, and OLD!( i know, i know....."noone can make you feel inferior without your consent". - elenor roosevelt). but really why?
*Why does time seem to pass more quickly when I am holding a, dear friend's, sleeping, 5 day old little boy?
*Why does the thought of turning 40 make me so anxious and keep me awake at night? what am I really afraid of?
Just a few of life's mysteries that have occupied my mind lately. I think I might have too much time on my hands. Hum, I don't know.

2 comments:

Jody said...

There really is something about those temple mirrors. I have been horrified at how gray my hair looks in them also - I think it is the lighting. I try to avoid even looking in them now!

nina said...

I agree with Jody, don't trust the temple mirrors - I think everything in the temple is supposed to be white... You are beautiful and strong and have a fantastic runner's body - don't forget it.