Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hairspray!

Last Friday, my friend Sarah (far right) hosted a Hairspray themed party. It was so fun. Who do I look like?(third one from the left or fourth one from the right). If you didn't guess Tracy then you're blind. I worked hard on my costume. I am very competitve and when I heard there would be a prize for "biggest hair" well, I just had to win. I started at 2:00 p.m. (party was at 6:30). I just wasn't having much success so I called in a professional (my friend Selina) for help. She back combed, sprayed, curled,back combed some more and produced a masterpiece of big hair. However this was about 4:00 and by the time 6:00 rolled around my hair was showing signs of weakness. On the way to the party I stopped at Selina's for a touch up. She pulled out the big guns- the hair dryer! This time she back combed, sprayed, and applied heat. This went on several times until........an even "bigger" masterpiece was created! I arrived at the party very confident the big hair prize was in the bag.

p.s. I did have to stuff my costume :) my hand is trying to hold the stuffing in for the picture. Thank you Sarah for a very needed "girls" night out.

2 comments:

Marne said...

Fun! I was wondering how that went. So did you win the prize or not? What did you get?

Torrie said...

I love a good girl's night. Next time we will have to try costumes!