Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reece as a 4th grader


I just returned from my first 4th grade parent teacher conference. Mrs. Montoya gave Reece rave reviews. His area of strengths are: great reading fluency and comprehension, understanding math concepts, natural speller and problem solving. He has good classroom behavior, gets along well with others and is polite and helpful. The subjects he likes best are P.E. and reading. He likes P.E. because "it gets my energy out" and he likes reading "because it gets my brain worked up". His least favorite subject is math because it "is wicked boring". The special class he likes best is art and he likes best about himself that he is active.

Reece and I have a bumpy relationship. We are both strong willed, independent, stubborn, intelligent people. I definately have my work cut out for me when it comes to parenting this child and trying to help him develop his God given talents and goodness. It is so encouraging to know that I haven't completely warped him and that he is enjoying a succesful school year, thus far. I am proud of Reece and love him very much.

1 comment:

Torrie said...

He is a great kid and we love him too. I love his comment about Math. It's fun to see who these little kids develop into. They are all so smart!