Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's always fun at Grandma's house.....

Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's house is a paradise for Quinn and the kids. It has taken me years to acclimate to the dirt and ruralness of Riverside, Idaho. I am finally learning to appreciate this town for what it is and not dwell on what I wish it was. I would spend much of my time engaged in the daunting task of keeping my kids clean while on the farm. Now I don't even bother. A little dirt won't hurt, right?

Quinn and the kids hauling corn stalks to the field to feed the cows.
Quincy and Trey preparing dinner.
This is one of my favorite pictures. This is in the backyard at Grandma's house.

Every year they have a big fire, at the bottom of the field. They burn all the scrap wood and who knows what else.



Jackson brought his horse over and gave the kids each a little ride.



Quinn took the kids and some cousins fishing. Quincy was the only girl and she caught the first fish. Go Quincy.

Grandma Peterson always cooks fabulous meals. For breakfast we had crepes with homeade maple syrup and homeade raspberry freezer jam. Yummy.

3 comments:

MZB said...

Those are the memories you kids will always remember. What an awesome place.

Mackenzie said...

Looks like fun! There's something about getting being in the country and getting dirty that just makes it worth being a kid. I have great memories of Riverside, Idaho too.

Torrie said...

At least your kids will have a love of the outdoors. My kids won't be learning about the great outdoors from me or Brent anytime soon. Maybe Uncle Quinn can teach them to appreciate it more.