Monday, October 20, 2008

What came over me?

I am not a crafty person. I also don't like messes. I realize the combination of the two might be the cause of my children missing out on some potentially, memory makin' fun, so I am trying to get over myself. I saw these Halloween shirts in a parenting magazine. The directions seemed simple enough and the mess factor was easy to control. Wouldn't ya know it- we had fun and I daresay made a memory.



All you need is: 3 white shirts, 1 box of orange fabric dye, black permanent marker, rubberbands and your imagination. You can make one big pumpkin on your shirt or several little ones, depending on how much fabric you bunch up and rubberband. After you rubberband the fabric follow the cloth dye instructions on the box. Once that step is completed your ready to make the pumpkin faces on the shirt, using the black felt pen. I outlined the faces for Quincy and she colored them in. Reece was on his own and Trey helped me color his pumpkin face. Of course Trey used a washable marker while I used the permanent one.
p.s. DO use a bucket to dye the fabric. DON'T use your white sink. Bleach will NOT completely remove the fabric dye from the surface.

4 comments:

MZB said...

Very cute!

Sarah Pearl said...

They turned out great! You're braver than I'll ever be--any craft involving fabric dye screams "run away!" to me.

Leslie said...

Cute Ami! I am sooooo impressed. Ya, you would never catch me making crafty t-shirts in my spare time. Never.

Torrie said...

I like Quincy's dreadlocks.