Monday, October 27, 2008

Falling for Fall

Fall is my second favorite season. Spring is top on the list. Two activities I love in the Fall are carving pumpkins and playing in the leaves. We have several mature, beautiful trees in our yard that provide much needed shade in the hot summer and lots of falling leaves to rake in the pre-winter months. Today the kids and I enjoyed, an unseasonably warm day, of frolicking in the leaves.

Quincy on top of her leaf pile.

Reece on top of his leaf pile.

My three little birds in their nest of leaves.

It's raining leaves.

What a cutie pie.

Quincy and I hanging out on her pile of leaves.
Last Monday we carved our pumkins.

Reece with his finished project.

Quincy with her pumkin- she really loved her pumpkin.

Trey going to town on the gunk.

5 comments:

Sarah Pearl said...

I have to hand it to you--carving a pumpkin per kid is a lot of work! My kids were lucky to get ONE for our family, and then the mini ones to decorate with a MARKER. I don't do slime!

Angie said...

So fun! I love fall for those same reasons! The pumpkins look great!

Darcy said...

cute pictures. you look really good. too bad you come after halloween...my kids need someone to help them carve their pumpkins!

Torrie said...

Looks like fun! You sure are getting crafty these days. Next thing you know, you might start scrapbooking or something crazy like that!

MZB said...

I can't wait to have leafs like that fall from the trees. Great run on Saturday