Thursday, January 22, 2009

My how time flies- even if it's not all FUN!

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I'm starting to fall into the same bad habits that classified me as a "less than consistent pen and paper journal keeper". Life has been kinda crazy around here.
Sunday- Met with Stake President (more on that later). Noticed three red patchy dots on Reece's back but didn't think anything of it- chalking it up to eczema. I asked if they itched and he said no.
Monday- Martin Luther King Day - no school- is that really the best way to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King- I personally think he would want our children in school learning about current events but whatever..... Took the kids swimming at the YMCA. There were about 100 kids there as well. That night I noticed the red bumps, on Reece's back, had quadruppled. But still he claimed they didn't itch. Nonetheless we recruited pseudo doctor, Selina, for a diagnosis and sure enough they were chicken pox.
Tuesday- kept reece home from school and called doctor to see which one of my kids received the chicken pox vaccine. Reece- NO, Quincy- YES, Trey- YES. Huh wonder why? Watched history unfold. Met for bookclub and had a lively discussion about Obama's book, "Dreams of my Father", contemplated the current state of my country and my family and watched my favorite show, the biggest loser (how did i ever watch the tele pre DVR)? Oh I also spent the morning calling the parents of the friends that played with Reece during the last week. Too bad I didn't have the numbers to every child swimming at the YMCA that day.
Wednsday- Went to tile store to purchase supplies to complete the backsplash on the bathroom that was constructed a year and a half ago- i never said i didn't procrastinate. Picked up a homework packet for Reece.
Thursday- Went to the gym after missing 2 days, attended a temple session inspite of my extremely disorganized house, and assissted with scouts at Amber's house. Of course each day consisted of all the filler items that everday consists of ....ya know....dishes, laundry, scripture study, disciplining, preparing dinner,talking with friends, checking e-mail, paying bills, playing with kids, wishing the sun would come out....yadayadayada. I wonder what the weekend might bring.......

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm on pins and needles waiting for more info on the stake president's visit. If I waited until my house was neat and tidy to get to the temple, I might never make it. You had a very productive week. Sorry about the chicken pox. Feel better buddy!

Sarah Pearl said...

Good luck with the chicken pox! That is no fun. BJ had it when he was 6 mths and gave it to DAN. I didn't get to the temple that week...:-) You're awesome.