Sunday, January 25, 2009

Is this month over yet?

Ok I really don't want to leave my posterity with the impression that I am a pessimist BUT can I just say I really do dislike January. It's cold, drab, dreary days just seem to endlessly linger. By the end of the month I am so impatient for spring I can hardly stand it. However I know Spring is near. The Easter decorations that litter the store shelves, in January, fill me with hope and I can almost feel the sun warming my face. Anyways......
Well this weekend was about as fun as....oh let's see.......um........oh let's face it it wasn't fun at all and i can't think of anything clever to say. Friday night Reece ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pains. We were there from 11:00 p.m-2:30 a.m. NOT FUN. They took his blood, his temperature, his vitals, an x-ray, put a drip in his arm, drugged him with some morphine- to ease his pain, and at about 2:15 a.m. came back with the diagnosis. Compacted bowels. ARE YOU KIDDING ME- I wanted to scream. All this because of backed up POOP!!!!!!
The next morning Reece and I had a little chit chat about what foods he would start eating and what foods he would stop eating. NON negotiable. UGH!!!!!

Oh and in regards to that interview with the Stake President that I mentioned earlier......
Quinn was set apart as the new Elder's quorum President today. He's totally overwhelmed but he will do great. He has a great desire to serve and I'm excited for his opportunity.

4 comments:

Torrie said...

Looks like Reece is about to become best friends with bran muffins. Good luck with that. Have his chicken pox cleared up?
Quinn will do good as the Elder's Quorum president. Are you still teaching Sunday school? We realized last night that Brent has been in young men's for about 6 years. I think he is ready for a change. He's had enough of prepubescent teenage boys.

Sarah Pearl said...

Why are poop stories so funny?

Tell Quinn congrats on his calling, he will be great!

Angie said...

I feel the same way! I am so done with this depressing weather-I don't even want to leave my house! Sorry about the ER-That stinks:)

Annie said...

Cracks me up that he got so sick because of a poop problem, although that is not fun. Jon was so happy that he was not called to be the president but hopefully he can help Quinn out with all the many duties they have in the Elders Quorum.