Monday, March 1, 2010

Dollar Diet Day 17

I should have taken a picture but all the stuff needed to be put away. I just returned from Albertson's for the third time. Once this morning to get some cereal, with coupons-of course. Once, after the gym, to get some more cereal and other stuff-with coupons, of course and once because I left my purse there on trip #2 and some honest stranger turned it in (THANK YOU!!!!!). I couldn't waste trip number three and pass up a deal so I snagged 5 boxes of colgate toothpaste for $.25 each-with coupons, of course. Great storage item for this family. My total for today did come to $44.36- so I overspent my budget by $14.36. I was about to type that I will overspend even more because Trey "needs" diapers BUT i guess NOW would be a good time to potty train. He is 3 1/2, after all. I just love the convenience of diapers and I really hate potty training! Therefore a more accurate statement to utter is, "I really WANT to buy more diapers for Trey so I can prolong the inevitable, which takes a lot of work and patience". Did I mention I also hate potty training? Ok well onto a more pleasant subject......here's what I bought today for a grand total of $44.36........
5 tubes of toothpaste
4 boxes of Fiberone bars
2# of strawberries
18 eggs
2 cartons of Dreyers ice-cream
6 cans of Progresso soup
6 cake mixes
5 tubs of frosting
2 boxes of butter
1 bag of Popsicles
11 boxes of cereal
1 bag of carrots
I did NEED some of these items-obviously not in the quantity that I purchased but I justified it by knowing I was adding to my food storage. Average cost per item is $.96. Some of the items were cheaper (like the $.25 toothpaste and some were more expensive like the eggs and the strawberries).
I planned on a Costco trip today but looks like I'll be putting that adventure off for another 4 days, when my dollar diet challenge is officially over.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

good job on all your deals!