Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life according to my almost six year old

As I was laying down with Quincy tonight we had a precious conversation about life. It was so sweet I had to record it for posterity.
Quincy: "I don't want to be a mommy because I don't want them to cut my tummy all up just to get the baby out".
Me: "Well they don't always cut your tummy. Besides, if they do, they sew it back up".
Quincy: " Who was your first baby"?
Me: "Reece".
Quincy: " Who was your second baby"?
Me: "you".
Quincy: "who was your third baby"?
Me: "trey" (at this point i didn't really want to get into the whole miscarriage. She was only 9 months old when it happened and doesn't know anything about it).
Quincy: "So you and dad were the only ones here when we were up in Heaven"?
Me: "yes".
Quincy: "did dad have a baby"?
Me: "No".
Quincy: "well then how did we get you"?
Me: " I was Grandma Dance's baby, then I grew up to be your mommy. Just like you will grow up someday to be a mommy".
Quincy: "well I'm not going to be a mommy because I am going to wish on a shooting star to be a unicorn with a magic wand". LONG PAUSE.......DEEP IN THOUGHT......"but mommy will I ever see a shooting star since you always make me go to bed so early"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard that I'm crying...I don't know if the tears are because it is so sweet, or because it is so funny. Nonetheless, I love Quincy and can't wait to see her next week!
Love,
Aunt Darcy

Torrie said...

I feel the same way as Darcy. That was so cute, it made me laugh. What a sweet conversation!

Angie said...

that is too cute! So great of you to document it! Also, great job on your dollar diet! I don't know if I could do it!! It was fun seeing you couponing-maybe I'll see you again!