Thursday, April 24, 2008

Should he stay or should he go?

Quinn is taking a trip to Blackfoot, Idaho, this weekend, to visit his parents and he really wants to take Quincy and Trey with him. Letting Quincy go is an easy decision- Sinara girlfriend! BUT Trey......he is too little to be without his mummy, isn't he? Can Quinn really care for and sustain him for 3 days without me? I can already hear the comments, what about the Grandparents- they will help. Quinn's parents are 82. Granted they are in good health and fairly active for their age BUT they are no match for a 4 year old AND an 18 month old, are they? I guess Irene knows a little about children- she had 10 of her own and has managed to survive 35 grandchildren and I think 12 great grandchildren. Then you say, why aren't you going with them? Well Reece and I are staying behind because 1. Reece can't miss anymore school and 2. I have prior committments for the weekend. So let's weigh the pro's and cons
pro's- i'll have a quiet house to myself, for the most part, for three days. my quiet house will stay clean, for the most part, for three days. i can finish some painting without worrying about little curious hands wanting to help and finally....absence makes the heart grow fonder, right????My children will gain a greater appreciation for me and I for them in their abscence- surely!
um let's see- now the cons- trey and quincy will survive and i will be left feeling, well, i guess i will be left feeling a little like i'm NOT indispensable and that's a hard feeling to come to terms with.

I guess I'll go pack Trey's bag and write out a detailed day to day instruction manual for Quinn.

1 comment:

Torrie said...

Send them both! Quinn is perfectly capable. He can't do that much damage in 3 days, right? As long as he feeds Trey the right spinach tofu bar, that's all that matters. It's a good chance for some daddy time and a perfect chance for some mommy rejuvenation. Can my kids go too?