Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's for Dinner


My friend, Selina, and I are becoming masters at preparing freezer meals. We both hate to cook but still want our families to eat a healthy dinner thus freezer meals are our solution to appeasing everyone. This is our fourth attempt and we love it. We each walked away with 40 dinners. We spent $196 and about 7 hours of our time. That includes shopping, prepping, cooking, packaging and cleaning. Some of our dinners include: chicken teriyaki, spaghetti, tator tot casserole, 2x4 soup, taco meat, bbq meatballs......and the list goes on. Selina has not confessed this truth but I feel confident enough to speak for both of us..... The best part of freezer meals is all the fun we experience! REALLY! I have included some photos to help you, the reader, experience some of our fun.

Can you really deny the joy of digging your hands through raw meat? ABSOLUTELY!!! We both hated every second of handling the raw meat- all 60 pounds of it (including chicken, hamburger and pork loin).


















Of course during the middle of all the cooking, Quincy needed her hair combed for preschool. You can't really tell in this picture so let me describe the events.....Trey is trying to pull himself up on on me using my apron strings, Quincy is crying because she HATES her hair brushed and Bella (Selina's daughter) is staring at us in disbelief. Like I said, FUN TIMES.







Of course we each had our pepsi's to help us cope. Notice my little 12 ounce can sitting so contained on the counter- Of course Selina had to have her 32 ounce fountain drink. Now what do you suppose happened to that 32 ounces of black liquid?





Yup, you guessed it. It was only a matter of time. Look closely and you will see that Selina is not about to let any of that Pepsi go to waste. (note the straw in her hands).












At the end of the day we both had a freezer packed full of yummy meals to feed our family. It was all worth it.





3 comments:

Marne said...

You are amazing Ami. I have always wanted to attempt freezer meals...but I haven't. Mainly because I have no room in my little freezer. We need a big freezer! Great photos. I love how you explained it all....what troopers you guys are

Torrie said...

That sounds great! That is my kind of cooking. I have signed up for an e-mail program that plans all my dinners for me. It's not freezer meals but it helps making dinner less stressful for me since I don't have to think up new meals. Way to be prepared--I'm impressed.
Cute blog by the way. I'm happy that you are back to blogging!

Angie said...

Oh my, I am so jealous! That is so awesome! I need to do something like that-I'm not the best cook:)And looks like you had fun too!