Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where does the time go?

Quinn took Trey and Quincy to Blackfoot with him this weekend so I had a lot of free time on my hands. I unapologetically spent most of the time watching movies and reading books. Reece and I did spend several hours playing Phase 10 so don't think he was totally neglected. As I was cleaning out some old stuff I found my Stephen Covey planner- entries were from the year 2003. I can't believe it- 5 years ago. This planner had motivational quotes at the top each page and in the back it had this Act, Plan and Discover Activity that you were supposed to fill out in hopes of achieving your full potential. Anyways, it was interesting to look back at where I was 5 years ago versus today. I am happy to report that I did achieve some of my goals- that was a nice surprise to realize. I rediscovered a quote that I thought was profound and wanted to share. Unfortunately I didn't write the author's name down along with the quote, sorry.

"If you keep thinking what you are thinking you will keep doing what you are doing and keep getting what you are getting".- Very simple yet so profound. Our thoughts are so powerful.
Here's to positive thinking.....

2 comments:

Marne said...

I'm glad you sent Trey...I would have too!

I love coming across old stuff like that and remembering...seeing how my handwriting used to be and what my schedule was like. Cool. Thanks for the quote!

Torrie said...

I'm glad you had an unapologetically good weekend. And I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I love to read your updates.