Friday, June 6, 2008

All in day's work

Building a new fence-that is one of the last projects on the to-do list. We redid all the landscaping after our remodel thus requiring a fence replacement. We got two bids to build it but in the end neither Quinn nor I wanted to spend that much money. We decided to attempt the project ourselves, well kind of ourselves-we have an amazing neighbor who knows everything about everything when it comes to building, fixing, fertilizing, planting, storing, canning, etc. Bob (our neighbor) and his wife, Corinne usually summer in Alaska but due to some health challenges they have to stick closer to home. Our family benefits immensely from this confinement. They are psuedo grandpa and grandma to our kids and Bob has saved us countless headaches with his wisdom. We really love our neighbors but I digress........
This weekend Quinn started the fence building process. I'll post the end result but these pictures were too cute to save. Trey, who idolizes his dad, had to be right out there in the middle of the action. Quinn is so patient with him and let's him help even though it makes the process much longer. I hope you can appreciate the seriousness in Trey's face. He is all business!


5 comments:

Torrie said...

What a good daddy to let Trey "help." I can't wait to see how everything has changed at your house.

kaughtydid said...

I love how Trey is studying the fence project so intensely! He is all boy! Thanks for checking out my blog. I have to say I am pretty happy with my free upgrade. It was fun seeing you at Sarah's party and the trifle was to die for.

Sarah Pearl said...

What a cutie (refering to Trey, of course)! Quinn is such a great dad. Doesn't it make all those spare computer screens worth it when you capture these kind of moments?!

MZB said...

We are doing the same project at our house!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and especially for commenting! Glad that I didn't send everyone who read into a deep dark depression:) Ha! Your words were much appreciated this morning! HAve a great day and comment any time:)!
nat