Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I just try not to think about it........

OK well since happening upon the website http://cosmeticsdatabase.org I haven't been able to stop thinking about all the toxins we put, for the most part unknowingly, into or onto our bodies. If you haven't tried this site I highly highly recommend it. Please tell all your friends about it too. It is overwhelming and a little discouraging but we can only do better when we know better. While at the store, searching for a toxin free sunscreen, I ran into a friend. As I was revealing to her my new found knowledge I could see her eyes gloss over. She was gracious enough to listen to me rant but in the end her comment was, " I just try not to think about it". WHAT???? "We" are our own best advocates! Aside from the Savior NO ONE cares about me as much as I do. If I don't care what toxins are going into my skincare, makeup, deoderant, lotions, etc. WHO WILL???? Certainly not the companies making these products. Did you know that there are no regulations on what ingredients can or can not be put into cosmetics. Look it up.....Educate yourself. It is overwhelming and like I said in my previous post I have a hard time wrapping my head around all of this BUT I REFUSE to not think about it. I am grateful for the information available at my fingertips and I am so grateful the today I know a little better and consequently can better choices for me and my family.

No comments: