Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The last two weeks


The last two weeks have been a crazy world wind. My dad, mom, darcy, torrie and all the children belonging to those adults came to Boise for a visit. They came to visit my family, each other and also attend the big Dance family reunion in Idaho Falls. It's the first time the "Dance's" have gotten together as a family since my grandmother passed away 8 years ago. My dad is 1 of 11 children. 9 out of 11 children were in attendance. 1 brother (Galerd) could not make it because his grandson was getting married and one sister (Celia) passed away about 12 years ago. It was amazing to see these siblings interact. The legacy left by my grandparents, Theron and Martha Dance is truly amazing.
Theron and Martha's posterity- 381 peopls in all
Children- 11
Grandchildren-75
Great Grandchildren 194
Great-great Grandchildren-15
Including spouses-86
77 missions have been served througout the world from the Dance family.
It was a humbling experience to attend this reunion and recognize the impact two people can leave on the world.

Some other activities my immediate family shared are:
1. Twin Fall temple open house
2. Roaring Springs waterpark
3. Mamma Mia
4. Late night chats
5. Settler's park
6. laundry, dishes and other domestic duties required in a house of 10 children

Mom, Darcy and Torrie have all the pics (hint, hint) so I can post more as soon as I get copies.

No comments: