Sunday, August 10, 2008

Emmett's most excellent triathlon

In April a friend asked me to participate in a sprint distance tri (500 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run) that would take place August 9th. Well in April- August 9th seemed like it would never materialize so I said YES! In turn I asked some of my gym buddies to participate as well. August 9th finally appeared and the event was awesome. I can't wait until next year.
Two miracles occurred for me during this event.
#1- I don't know how to swim and I still did it- I side stroked and back stroked the whole distance. I never put my face in the water once! Next year I will know how to swim.
#2- I never thought I would run around in spandex but I did it!
Quinn and the kids were so awesome they pulled right into the sports complex where the running took place. They were the only ones there and it was so great to see them. The only issue was they were stuck there until all the runners came in. They never made it over to all the festivities- Next year we'll know better.



Me running- not an easy task after swimming and biking.

Holly and Me. Holly was Stephanie's trainer but she gave us all helpful tidbits.


Me, Stephanie and Sherri

Me and Sherri

Kristie and me. Krisitie is the aerobics instructor at the Y and we have all gotten to be friends.

Here I am putting my swim cap on.





5 comments:

MZB said...

You did a GREAT JOB! And what an amazing trip to VEGAS. I hope to see you soon.

Marne said...

I heard alot about this at Welfare Meeting this morning, well before the meeting started anyway. Good job girls! WAY TO GO! Doing that takes a lot of courage and determination!

Torrie said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! You've actually inspired me to look into doing a triathelon myself. I feel like it's something I need to cross off my to-do list.

Sarah Pearl said...

You did it--with a smile on your face! You were such an inspiration to me at the beginning of the race...thanks! And I can't believe you're already talking about next year. It's like having a baby for me--it takes some time to recover and forget how painful it was.

Angie said...

You go girl!!! That is so awesome! I always want to do that kind of stuff, but then make excuses:) You are so brave!