Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Back.....

Haircuts, going to bed @8:30 p.m., getting up @7:00 a.m. to read scriptures, fighting over what to eat for breakfast, wondering where all the clean clothes went, convincing everyone we must leave NOW or we'll be late! That's right school is in session. This year is especially exciting because Quincy started Kindergarten.

Reece and Quincy the night of "meet the teacher".
Quincy standing in line to go into her first day. That's her teacher waiving.

Trey isn't sure he is ready for Quincy to go. He handled it pretty well.
Quincy already hard at work.
After dropping Quincy off I poked my head into Reece's classroom window to give a waive. His teacher came out to see who all the kids were staring at. I apologized for the interruption and explained my presence. She laughed ( i think parents can get away with this behavior on the FIRST day of school)- Reece later told me that some of the kids asked him if the woman at the window was his mother to which he promptly replied he had no idea who I was. He redeemed himself later though because Quincy told me that when he saw her at recess he came over and gave her a hug. At least he's not denying the whole family- yet.


5 comments:

Darcy said...

I looked close to see who got their haircut, but I'm not sure I noticed.:) Quincy looks beautiful, and Reece looks like a cool 5th grader. I love the 1st day of school! That's funny that Reece denied knowing you. I'm happy to hear that he at least has decided to not deny his responsiblity of being a great big brother.

nina said...

They are both so cute!! I am so jealous that Quincy gets to go to Kindergarten. Enjoy this time with Trey, you will be praying for it to be over soon!!!

Angie said...

I can't believe summer is practically over and school is starting! Your kids are adorable! I saw you on sunday teaching sunday school! (I left my bag in there) That is awesome...I could never do it! Hope you're doing great! PS-I can't believe I never saw you at the waterpark!

Mackenzie said...

I just love your blog, it makes me smile! I haven't experienced the first day of school yet, but I always remember my mom saying that she would do the dance of joy when we got on the bus.

Torrie said...

I'm with Darcy--who got the haircut? They look cute and so grown up. I can't believe Quincy is already in Kindergarten! Reece cracks me up. Can't wait to see you guys again, whenever that may be...!