Friday, August 28, 2009

what did you just say?

Reece, upon entering the car after school, " i need to repent when i get home. i accidentally said the "F" word when I was tackled during football."
Today- I had my whitts about me (aka the companionship of the Holy Ghost). I knew there was no need to lecture him- he already knew the word he used was wrong and unacceptable. What i wanted to focus on more was the fact that his testimony of the atonement was taking root. He knew that he made a mistake and he also knew that he could repent of that mistake and make it right. I was honored that he was willing to expose his imperfections and share that story with me. I think that moment will go down in my books as a great one!

3 comments:

Torrie said...

What a good boy to admit that to you! You must be doing something right if he has that kind of understanding of repentance at 10 years old.

nina said...

I think you should a bit more from your young one, I hear you say the "F" word all the time.

nina said...

FUN!!! What did you think I meant?