Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wildhorse 2009

The Peterson's have been camping in the same place, every third week in July or 1st week in August for about 35 years. Wildhorse, in the Challis national forest, is where it's at for this family. I myself have been a part of this tradition for almost 16 years and I have learned a few helpful tidbits over time.
1. My limit is 3 days- without showers and outhouses for toilets I can't take much more-no matter how much fun i think i'm having.
2. Never hike with Suanne unless following the trail. I have hiked for the last 4 years with this mountain goat and staying on the designated trail is definately the way to go.
3. My kids will get dirtier than I ever imagined BUT they will have more fun than they ever imagined!
4. Bring lots and lots of gas- my kids will ride 4-wheelers and motorcycles all day and never tire.
5. Freezer meals work awesome for camp meals. So much easier.
6. Always bring extra bug spray.
7. Don't bother bringing a book- it's never going to happen.
8. Relax and ENJOY!
Reece, Shevy and Tristen (his cousins).
Trey and I on Cooper's bike.
Trey and Cooper- Trey can't contain his excitement.
Destry standing on top of one of the mountains they rode to.
The kids stayed by Quinn's side most of the time. Why? Because he is the fun parent.
Ready to ride?
Trey, Quincy and mom.

Dad and Quincy.

Trey insisted on roasting his own hotdog.
Camping is not my favorite activity. It costs a lot of money, takes a lot of work and it's dirty. However I can't deny the memories that my family has made over the years and I can wait for the many more to come.







No comments: