Friday, August 27, 2010

Counting my blessings

Seeking mature individual to care for our 3 children ages 8, 6, and 2 while we are at work...
3-4 evenings a week - usually Monday, Tuesday, Sunday...and some Wednesday's 


Must be able to pick-up children from daycare before 6 pm and care for them at our home in Star
Prepare dinner, assist with homework when needed, bath and bedtime routine ect.

Please call or text (number removed)

*Currently working 2 jobs so if I do not answer please leave detailed message (Age, location, desired wage, have own transportation ect.) 




i am weird, i know. sometimes for fun i browse the classified section of craigslist. maybe it's my way of staying connected to the world outside my four walls. sometimes i think the perfect part time job waits for me and if i don't cruise the job listings i'll never know. i came across this ad and it just broke my heart.  really a nanny picking up children from daycare? my heart breaks for those little children. my heart also hurts for the adults. i have to assume they don't want to be working two jobs. i also have to assume that they are working their tails off to put food on the table, clothes on their back and a roof over their heads, not to pay for a house they can't afford or cars they can't afford or any part of a lifestyle they can't afford. i have to assume that it breaks their hearts to have their babies picked up from daycare, fed dinner and bathed, by a nanny. but you know what they say about assuming........
at this moment i feel very blessed. we don't have much, money included. but it's 6:23 p.m. and my 3 year old is laying on the floor singing songs to ME. my 6 year old will soon return from a play date and tell ME all about her fun. and my 11 year old is showing off his football skills to his dad. soon our little family will gather around the kitchen and eat a dinner prepared by ME, even if it's cold cereal.




1 comment:

Mama Yo said...

Cold cereal rocks! ;)