Sunday, August 1, 2010

A thorn in my side!

i guess there has to be thorns to enjoy the roses right?  i give too much power to other people and allow them to get under my skin and become real thorns in my side. this is something i'm working on. i don't want to spend any of my energy on people i don't jive with. but it's hard. i tend to stew over things, get other people's opinion on the thorns, use time replaying incidents in my head, etc. i guess the truth is- it hurts to think that another person wouldn't adore me? you know appreciate all my good qualities while overlooking my faults. i guess that's part of life. on a more cheerful note......i'm dusting off the running shoes after a 10 week hiatus. the hip feels good and it's time to get back out there. i'm not looking forward to building up my base but hopefully it won't take long.

1 comment:

Marne said...

glad you are running again! I ran 2 1/2 miles this morning. I am feeling it now...can't wait until I am up to 6 miles again. LOVE it!

Remember this quote on my blog awhile ago?

http://clarkhappenings.blogspot.com/2009/01/inspiration.html

It is SO true! :)