Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kids eat free, but really at what cost?

There are a lot of resturaunts in the valley that offer the promotion, "kids eat free". Of course there is always the fine print, like two kids eat free for every one adult entree, drinks not included, gratuity not included, and only on Monday, etc. I'm not usually one to get suckered into such promotions- my motto is NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE! But my niece, koda, was here to visit for the week and we wanted to impress her so we gathered our friends and ventured off to Cafe Ole for "kids eat free" on Monday night. I don't know about the other tabs but our bill, gratuity, tax and non alcoholic drinks included came to a whopping $40. See what I mean- it really cost me $40 to have my kids eat free-BUT fun was had by all. The resturaunt also has a pinada on Monday's for the kids so I guess I could look on the bright side and say that my kids ate and got dessert for $40.
Reece giving it his best swing.
Quincy and Lydia showing off their stash.
Reece and Katie waiting for their turn.
Quincy getting ready to swing.
Reece, Quincy, Bella.
Randy Walker and Selina Thibadeau
Trey thinking he's cool because he's sitting with the kids
Koda, what a cutie.

No comments: