Monday, February 23, 2009

shopping breakdown

As I child I was ingrained with certain shopping rules:
1. never, ever pay full price for anything &
2. shop a season ahead for your clothes- you'll get the best deal
I live by these rules. I have never and I mean never bought anything full price and I always buy my clothes a season ahead or behind, however you want to look at it. When I see my friends committing the unpardonable sin of purchasing the latest fashions at full price it's so hard for me to bite my tongue- in fact I rarely do- I usually express to them my disdain for such flippant behavior. LAST WEEK I cracked. I just got fed up passing by all the latest spring fashions as I rummaged thru 80% off +(take an extra 25% off that) dreary winter clothes. When I saw this coat I was tempted to break the two rules I have shopped by for decades. When I tried this coat on it was hopeless! I looked at the price tag, looked at my reflection in the mirror, looked at the price tag again and CRACKED! After that the flood gates opened and the shopping began. Don't get me wrong- I didn't go "what not to wear", $5,000 crazy or anything but I did my fair share of splurging. Was it fun? YES ! Will it happen again, anytime soon? PROBABLY NOT! I get far more satisfaction out of getting a lot for a little than I do a little for a lot. BUT DO I LOVE MY JACKET? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

8 comments:

Darcy said...

I love the coat. It will be a good spring coat for many years. I often buy things at full price to make sure I'm able to get my size when it goes on sale. Because when it goes on sale I will for sure be getting a price adjustment!

Torrie said...

Cute coat and worth the splurge. I like the ring too. A bit of bling is always fun.
I like Koda's curls. Did you fix them? Very cute.

TamBaum said...

Cute coat! You and Darcy were cut from the same mold.

Cama Cathrae said...

You crack me up!! I love it! I am always looking for a great deal too and rarely purchase at full price. I love the jacket too!!! Rules are meant to be broken every once in awhile....right! LOL

MZB said...

You are one wild and crazy gal!

Mackenzie said...

Way to go! You deserve a splurge now and then especially when you have great taste! I think we are a lot alike in many ways and this one just cracked me up!

Sarah Pearl said...

so there's hope for me?! I have a sis-in-law who doesn't care the price she pays for things if she loves it because she figures it's better than getting something on sale that kinda fits and looks ok but was a great deal that you never use....it kinda makes sense, eh?

nina said...

I know the feeling of trying on a pair of jeans that fit like a glove and wanting them no matter the price... Sometimes we deserve the splurge, girl. Your coat is adorable and you make it even cuter.