Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pay it Forward

I love the concept behind the idea of paying it forward. This great idea came from Marne's blog.

"Here's how it works-the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, in the next
few weeks, a gift from me! I'll let you choose from the items below, posted at the bottom of this blog entry. The catch is that you must participate as well-before you leave your comment here, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going. Then come back, let me know you're going to play, and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your gift! Remember that only the first 3 comments will receive a gift from me, so be quick!"

I love books and am willing to pass on some of my favorites- this was difficult for me- i don't usually part with my books but I think paying it forward means more when the giver parts with that which is precious to them. First come first serve so when you post let me know which book you want.

1. Running with Angels- this is an inspirational, spiritual book about a woman who overcomes her battle with obesity. I loved this book. Not only did the author overcome obesity she ran a marathon.

2. The Other Side of Heaven- this is the true story about John H. Groberg and his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, in the islands of Tonga.

3. Stop whining and Start Living by Dr. Laura- I love Dr. Laura and her "in your face" approach. I found some very useful, practical advice in these pages.

5 comments:

Torrie said...

#1 here! Since you are so willing to share, I would like the Running with Angels book. Sounds interesting.

Annie said...

okay so I like #3 Dr. Laura is awesome! I will post my pay it forward in the morning since it is past my bedtime and Jon is calling my name.

nina said...

yeah!! I am #3!! (But I already have that book, so let someone else play) But you should recognize that I am an avid reader of your blog and appreciate how you are always "paying it forward". Love ya like a monkey.

Angie said...

What a fun idea! I should do something like this if I could ever keep up on my blog! I loved your comment about the word verification! Too funny!

Susan said...

A day late and a dollar short!