Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cherrylane ward according to ME

35 aint bad so far. It's only been 16 hours and 4 minutes but hey who's counting.
A few things that have taken up space in my mind over the last few weeks.
1. Turning 35.
2. The dynamics of my ward- it's a great ward that we have been part of for almost 8 years. When we first moved in we were considered one of the "younger families". I distinctly remember upon our arrival seeking out other "young couples" to bond with and steering clear, ever so Christlike, of the "older" folks- you know the ones 35 and older. After all what could I possibly have in common with that crowd. In my delusional mind I still think young is where i'm at BUT I have noticed that the "younger" people migrating to the ward are steering clear of me, ever so gently. I am slowly coming to the realization that these "younger couples" view ME as part of the OLDER crowd-it's DEJAVU! Thus, the analogy of the oreo cookie was born. Cherrylane ward is like an oreo cookie.......you've got the "younger folks" (20-33)acting as one side of the cookie then you have the "older folks"(55+) acting as the other side of the cookie AND then you've got me and my peeps- the white filling or stuff in the middle. Of course everyone knows the BEST part of an oreo cookie is the filling!
With the help of a fellow "white filling" we are throwing a white filling party 2nite! Everyone who comes has to bring a food item containing white filling. Should be FUN!

4 comments:

Torrie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy all the Oreo's your 35 year old stomach can handle! Eat a few for me!

Shannon said...

Love it! It is so true. Just want you to know that I just read your blog and remebered your birthday on my own. Hope your party is great.

Taylor said...

You are too funny! I don't think of you guys as older folks! I really like our ward (reason why when we bought our new house we made sure it was in the ward) I have enjoyed getting to know you guys and JD LOVES being your home teacher...really we don't feel much younger than you :) You're awesome Ami!

Annie said...

NOT TRUE!!! the part about you being older is not true. I love ya and I am on the younger side of this oreo thing. Happy Birthday BTW.