Friday, May 8, 2009

Tying up loose ends

That goodness it's Friday........ I stay at home and don't usually get hung up on which day of the week it is. I have the same amount of "stuff" to do no matter the day, except Sunday- I really love Sunday.
Woke up @ 8:40 a.m. this morning- panicked because at 8:40 we should be in the car, on our way to school and then to the gym. NOT today. Scrambled and managed to get Reece to school before the second bell. The gym didn't happen. Had a wonderful day at the park without the camera.....go figure. Came home, put Trey to bed, fed Bella and Quincy and laid down- you know for a mom nap- your eyes are closed but your ears are tuned in to any and every sound. Bella and Quincy had a most charming discussion in the kitchen while making themselves a graham cracker and frosting treat. They had no idea I was listening in and their conversation really was precious. It went sorda like this.......
Bella: We have Garfield on our TV at home.
Quiny: Really Bella or are you just kidding?
Bella: Really!
Quincy: Are you kidding or lying? or telling the truth?
Bella: Telling the truth.
Quincy: Oh no I just dropped the frosting on the floor- yes my ears perked up at this comment.
Bella: AWWWWWW
Quincy: It's OK we can still eat it. (that's my girl- waste not want not)
Bella: Where's your mom?
Quincy: I don't know.
Bella and Quincy: Let's just go jump outside.
-oh to be a child again.
We also got a bunny last night. Why you ask? I have no idea- I hate animals! Quinn grew up on a farm and can't seem to grasp the concept that we live in a suburb. We'll see how long he, the bunny, not Quinn, lasts. The kids named him "Hopper" and he is very people friendly. No allergic reactions from Trey so that's a plus. He's a 4H bunny. I don't really know what that means but that's how he was advertised. His previous owners were moving and couldn't take him so "Hopper", his cage and some food were all free.

I was going through my camera pictures and forgot all about this one. I just had to share it. Reece, Maddy and Katie trying out an experiment with duct tape. Just in case you're wondering the duct tape didn't hold Katie. AND miraculously no paint was ripped off my walls.


One last thing......Tami- c'mon I am Darcy's sister. I like to think that I'm not as anal as her ( I love you, sis) but I do have similar standards! USE THE SPRAY PAINT! FLAT NOT SATIN- you will be so amazed at how easy it is and good it looks.

Oh ya and another last thing......8 days until the race. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Torrie said...

I can't believe you let them tape that little girl to the wall! I'm glad none of your paint came off.
We had a few bunnies when I was younger. One of them was kidnapped right out of our backyard by a girl down the street. Bunny envy got the best of her I guess.