Saturday, May 16, 2009

i.did.it!!!!!

It all started @6:00 a.m.- I got up. I got dressed. I drove down to 9th and Royal. I got on a bus full of runners and questioned my sanity. I was dropped off at the start line. I waited in the longest line to go to the bathroom. I found a familiar face, Jenni, and before I knew it the gun fired. I ran. I ran and I ran and I ran. I ran the whole race, which was my goal. My time- 2:13:10. Translation= 10 minute 15 second miles. That's the time to beat, for me.
I was running across the bridge and saw two wonderful sights, #1 my family and #2 the finish line.
In all the excitement I forgot to pick up my medal so hopefully I can get it later.

8 comments:

Torrie said...

Yay! You're the best! I'm so proud of you. I wish we could be there to cheer you on, but I rooted for you all the way from here! Way to go!!!

Marne said...

WAY TO GO AMI! I was thinking about you last night and wondering if you were going to get up! :) If I wasn't so caught up in my pregancy misery I would have called you. I am so proud of you and that is a WAY good time girl! You should be so proud of yourself!

Sarah Pearl said...

Yay for you! That's awesome. You don't even look tired in your pictures! Is this the first of many???

Darcy said...

Way to go! That's a huge accomplishment, especially knowing that you just started training at the beginning of April and were only doing 6 miles. And, as you know, there's a big difference between 13 miles and 6! Congratulations!

nina said...

though I wasn't there to chu on, I am so proud of you. I really want you to acknowledge that once you set sights on something nothing can stop you from achieving your goal. You are a fabulous motivator. Good job, girlfriend...

amber said...

WAHOO!!!!!!! I still can't believe you're time....AMAZING! You did so good and you look so dang good after just running! Congrats on doing so well and now I'm sure you're looking at what you are going to do next. You are such a great example! Good Job!

Mackenzie said...

You're my hero! Congrats on the big run!

MZB said...

Yeah proud of you girl!