Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dollar Diet Day 6

Today i almost made it without spending a single cent. almost being the operative word. on the way to quincy's dance lesson the gas light(in the gas guzzling, still making payments on) SUV lit up. i know i can drive at least 11 miles once the gas light rears it's ugly head but it's cold outside and i didn't want to chance it with little kids in the car. so today i broke the cardinal rule of the dollar diet....I charged $70.00 worth of gas on my credit card- because i had no cash with me. I will deduct that $70 from my allowed budget to pay the credit card and possibly redeem myself????
cash remaining as of today: $115.30
oh and one other surprise that came in the mail today.....a bill from old navy. $8.49last month if i would have been using cash only i wouldn't get surprise bills in the mail. for that matter, last month if i was buying only what i needed i wouldn't have even walked into old navy. guaranteed the purchase was a want NOT a need.
so actual cash left is $115.30-$8.49=$106.81.....the next 15 days might get very interesting!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Ami! I have been doing cash only for a year now along with coupons. I have saved so much money. I checked in to see how you are doing. I missed you at Bunco! If you ever want to go couponing let me know. Ha ha.

Mackenzie said...

What an awesome adventure. Good luck!