Friday, February 19, 2010

Dollar Diet Day 8

Today was tough! in fact i would have caved if the dress, i certainly didn't need, but desperately wanted fit- thank goodness it was too short! i keep telling myself 21 days to make a habit, right? another reason i fail at diets.....i would never ever want to go 21 days without sugar just to create the habit of not eating sugar. i love sugar and i really love shopping!
i did purchase some jeans today at Old Navy for myself and reece- they were on sale. i had coupons and a gift card. one thing for sure.....this dollar diet has really forced me to evaluate my purchases. reluctantly i put several items of clothing back because no one needed them. they were on clearance but still that's how i tend to nickel and dime myself over budget. clearance is not a signal to buy whatever i want! i feel very fortunate to be surrounded by other frugal, couponing, budget abiding friends. i glean more support from them then they know.

2 comments:

Marne said...

Just don't go shopping! Don't tempt yourself, silly!

Jody said...

I like your line about Clearance not being a signal to buy whatever you want. Very insightful.