Monday, February 8, 2010

is it worth it?


5 packages of toilet paper
4 boxes of 18 ct. tampons
1 package of huggies-because i'm not ready to potty train yet. who has time for potty training when i am so busy couponing
3 bottles of joy dish soap
2 venus razors with 5- yes count them 5 blades
2 Oil of Olay body wash
4 Dove's Men's body wash
2 /20 sq. feet of foil
2 pacakages of oreos- to bribe the kids with
1 package of sweedish fish- to bribe trey with since he can't eat the oreos
4 caramels- filler items
Out of Pocket= $46.51 + I still have $10.00 in Register Rewards to use at a later date.
Some seasoned couponers probably would have scored this pile for way cheaper but I'm still learning and that's what is so darn frustrating. I WANT TO BE PERFECT AND GET THE BEST DEALS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! It literally makes me ill thinking that I might have been able to save more money if only..........But this is good for me. it is forcing me to learn patience with myself!

Couponing aint for no sissy's (how do you like them double negatives)! you have got to know your stuff and be able to stick to your guns. not all stores are on "their" game and sometimes the couponer has to tell "them" about "their" policies-and of course the couponer knows the store's policy because he/she has read up on it.
You also have to be able to smile politely even when the folks, in line behind you, start making noises with their mouths, rolling their eyes and get their bodies all contorted just because you are taking a little extra time SAVING MONEY by USING COUPONS!
I love couponing-i'm not quite sure what the draw is but i'm an addict. upon realizing this i have set two ground rules for myself-i'm sure more will follow- but remember i'm still a beginner!
1. I won't organize my coupons on Sunday, anymore. It takes too much time away from my family. I could spend a good 2-3 hours organizing and reading coupon blogs.
2. I won't skip the gym to try and get the great deals. last week i allowed myself to skip the gym 3 times due to couponing. i didn't intend for it to happen that way but my trips took longer than expected and before i knew it my gym time was up. Exercise is too important in my world and I need to keep it that way. Afterall I am pushing 36- ARGHHHHH.

4 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Good work! I was really into couponing, but now a move is hopefully in our near future so we have been saving even more money by eating the "stock pile" It is great! I totally know what you mean with organizing and then changing plans because of coupons, it is a dog eat dog world out there!

Jody said...

You should talk to Tiffani - she is a serious couponer and I'm sure she isn't deterred by people grumbling behind her. I have seen her come home with pallets of stuff - literally! She is very good at it. On second thought - I shouldn't hook you two up - I'm not a proponent of couponing and so I don't know why I'm trying to encourage you!

Torrie said...

I feel like I'm missing out on something by not using coupons. I always forget I have them in my purse and end up paying full price for something I really had no intention of buying in the first place!

Tiffani said...

Jody keeps talking about your blog. It's been a while since I stopped by because there was a pause in your posting.

Welcome to couponing. It is addictive - Jody thinks I am nuts! I've tried explaining that I am actually restraining myself and that she should be proud!

I second your rule about no couponing prep on Sunday. I don't even look at the paper or the blogs on Sunday because I still think it is a form of shopping. And of course, it isn't a form of worship.