Friday, October 23, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude


I have been in a witchy mood of late. Feeling sorry myself and murmuring about not having enough (see there is that Laman and Lemuel complex again). So today begins my journey of gratitude. I will follow the advice suggested in a favorite hymn......"So a-mid the conflict, whether great or small. Do not be discouraged God is over all.....count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done". Every day I will post 20 things I can be grateful for. Join me!
1. Bisquick mix-with a few substitutions Trey can eat pancakes with the rest of us.
2. eyes to see the vibrant colors of fall
3. Sister Tanner who shares her parenting wisdom with us each week, for 10 weeks.
4. a car that works
5. my scriptures
6. a healthy family
7. a healthy extended family
8. a sister who is my best buddy
9. people who recycle-they give my husband something to do.
10. quinn's patience
11. the Savior's atonement
12. Bob and Corinne- our neighbors-they are amazing!
13. the internet-
14. good doctors
15. freedom to practice religion of my choice
16. my husband's job
17. close proximity of a gym
18. prayer-knowing that mine are heard
19. good books
20. washing machine

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Humm...maybe I should start a gratitude journal that my boost my attitude. I just talked to Jody last night. She said she talked to you lately and that you asked if I was all fired up with all the stuff going on in the world. YES, I am...I listen to Glenn faithfully - and sort of follow other networks to see what they are saying. We just started the BOM again after just finishing it. There was a lot of different views within a family - one who had a prophet. We will need to chat sometime. Jody doesn't like to talk about Glenn, she's really not a fan. Later, Tiffani

tiffwinward@hotmail.com