Friday, November 20, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude Day 21

My creative juices have been shifted to high gear since starting my gratitude posts. I do think everyday we can find something new to be grateful for and i'm glad for the opportunity to think outside the box. Today I was visiting with a stranger when she revealed that her husband has brain cancer and they are moving to Argentina next month to be closer to his family for a few years. REALLY? She didn't sound bitter. She appeared to be at peace. I sensed more the "this is what life has dealt us" attitude and they were anxious for their new adventure. Today I am grateful for the opportunity I had to visit with this individual today. It's no secret for anyone who knows me.....I AM A CONTROL FREAK! i live with the illusion that i control most things around me. It's so ridiculous. I am working on letting go and as i do i can feel the anxiety leave my being and the peace take hold. The stranger gave me strength to carry on. After our short visit I had a greater appreciation for the truth.......the only thing i can really control is my response to life and what the Lord puts in my path. I trust Heavenly Father and Jesus. I know they know what is best for me. I will do better at NOT fighting against Them and embracing the trials put in my path.

No comments: