Thursday, November 12, 2009

A few days of attitude!

It's been over one week since i have posted my gratitude list. Of course i couldn't keep posting such a list everyday for the rest of my life, right? (or could I? and Should I?)
These last couple of days I haven't felt much gratitude rather a "i just can't muster up the energy to list 20 things i'm grateful for" attitude. Here's what's been going on in our world:
1. reece and quincy started track break- that's right they are out of school for 3 weeks,- need i say more?
2. Trey has decided he is my number one helper- he wants to clean toilets, do the dishes, pour the bleach in the washing machine, hand me toilet paper when i am using the bathroom, flush the toilet for me, etc. he literally follows me everywhere to offer his help. some moms can handle this- some moms think it's productive to teach their kiddos to do the dishes, laundry, toilets, etc. I. DO. NOT! especially at 3. Nonetheless I am trying- i wake up with all the patient intentions in the world and after breakfast ( you know because Trey wants to stir the pancakes and then watch the pancakes cook and then flip them over. Meanwhile reece is busy being a typical older brother to quincy and quincy is busy perfecting her dramatic performance) now where was I??? oh ya after breakfast my nerves have unraveled to nearly the very end.
ANYWHOO.........life has been happening at the Peterson's AND i can either embrace life with a grateful heart or i can begrudgingly endure to the end. I committ to continue on with my gratitude lists until Thanksgiving day as it really does help me keep my heart in the right frame.
1. violin music
2. primary programs
3. front row seats
4. silence
5. sonic ice
6. rear windshield wipers
7. car horns
8. glitter
9. auctions
10. free weekend minutes
11. online shopping
12. the colors emerald green and deep purple- my favorite combination- glad i ran into tiffany on friday at the library- she looked beautiful in her green shirt and purple coat.
13. rooms with doors
14. door handles with locks
15. grout sealer
16. gingham ribbon
17. papa murphy's
18. sugar free popscicles
19. people who remember other people's birthdays
20. coinstar

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I can't keep you with you and your grateful lists. Oh, after 12 days I was exhausted thinking of things. Track break sounds long. My kids are off all of Thanksgiving week. We have something planned for Monday through Wednesday afternoon...then it will be Thanksgiving, get decorated for Christmas and a little shopping.

Have fun with your break! I didn't know that green and purple were your favorite colors.