Sunday, November 29, 2009

it will be O.K.

so many thoughts are running through my mind as i sit here typing.
1. is it really december in 2 days?
2. are we really only 30 + days away from celebrating a new year?
3. are we going to be finacially able to navigate all of our responsibilities (quinn's employer isn't in a great financial place right now and consequently it trickles down to us. ie- no more paid health insurance premium for the family, behind on Quinn's commission payments and definately NO christmas bonus)
4. will my children learn the true meaning of christmas?
5. will i get all my errands done and still be able to spend 2 hours at the gym?
6. should i look for a part time job?
7. do other mothers, aside from my sister, experience feelings of anxiety and panic when the house is in disarray and the children are extremely noisy? are there really humans out there that enjoy all the mess and the noise? really?????
despite the above mentioned thoughts (and some that will remain unrevealed) i feel a bit of excitement bubbling. there is a little hop in my step, a smile that is threatening to surface. i wonder-is it the approaching christmas holiday? is it the spiritually uplifting day at church? NO! it's back to school for the kids! 3 weeks they have been out for track break and finally they return tomorrow. i'm trying to hide my excitement but it's hard. i really can't wait! granted the school session will be short lived as they get out for christmas break in a few weeks BUT nonetheless i will treasure their time in school more than i ever i have. oh i can hardly wait for tomorrow! everything will be OK!

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

It will be OK, I know you are capable of getting through anything...the added bonus of having the kids back to school will help too :) I just can't believe Nate has almost three years before that happens at our house.

Tiffani said...

Oh, I can totally understand what you are feeling.

Even though my kids were only out of school for one week, I was excited to send them off to school today. Next I'm wondering how I will survive the three weeks of Christmas break. Summer is especially long for me and a difficult. I always thought I was alone and felt guilty that it was so hard for me.

Speaking of Quinn's job...I totally get where you are at. Paul had a job a few years ago where we had many pay checks BOUNCE! It was very frustrating. We weren't ready for that experience and had to figure things out quick and jump ship before it sank. I hope that things turn around for you so that you don't have to have that worry.

...sorry this is getting so long...

Do you really exercise 2 hours a day? Wow, you are a super-hero- too bad I wasn't closer to Homecourt so I could learn from you. I get bored after an hour and then feel all the things piling up at home so I leave. But I do enjoy exercising while watching cable tv (we don't have it at home) or listening and/or watching Glenn Beck.

And no I can't function in a messy, unorganized home - that's part of my problem. I just totally cleaned my bedroom for the
first time since we moved here. It's always the last room on my list. I have been striving for more order and things are looking much better and I'm happier

I worry a lot about the future of our country, our economy and dollar, my children, etc. I know that if I stay strong and true to what I believe that I will be okay.

P.S. Did you ever watch Starting Over - it was a show that aired for three years and then was pulled even though it had high ratings? I loved that show. I love Rhonda Britten, a life coach, she has some great books on understanding fear and being fearless. I have some of her books and want to start studying them again.

I know I'm just jabbering away...thanks for listening.