Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

What is Memorial Day? For Reece memorial day is a day off school, for Quinn memorial day is a day off work, for me memorial day is a day of deparment store sales, a break from the mail (bills), an opportunity to spend time with my family and a day to remember and express gratitude for the service men and women who lost their lives for their (my)country. Tonight for family home evening we plan on discussing why memorial day is celebrated and what it means to our family. I am grateful to all the men and women who serve so bravely in various branches of military. I am so thankful they, and their families are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to protect my (our) precious freedoms. I love this great land and am proud to be an AMERICAN!

No comments: