Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Self Hinder Book????

As I mentioned before in a previous post, I am a proclaimed self help junkie. I love learning what makes people tick and how I can improve. For my birthday my friend, Susan, gave me one of the most delightful books. It's titled, " How to be Totally Miserable; a self-hinder book" by John Bytheway. Isn't that funny? It's full of insightful ways to be miserable and enjoy happiness. Of course the purpose of the book is to point how ridiculous we can be and how easy it is to be happy vs. miserable. I'll be sharing tidbits now and again on my blog and hopefully in the process I'll figure out how to be less miserable.
John says on page 43 of his book, " people who are trying to be miserable try to find friends who weigh them down with gloom and doubt. Misery loves this kind of company. Bad company will try to take you places you shouldn't be and tempt you to do things you shouldn't do. Then, after you've followed their plan of misery, you feel empty inside, and you wonder why you're miserable. Well, perhaps bad feelings accompany bad company. Happy people build, lift, encourage, and motivate, and being in their company always makes you want to be better too".

What kind of friend are you? Susan- thank you for the book. You are a happy friend because whenever I am in your company I do want to do better. Thanks for your example

1 comment:

MZB said...

I have experienced this very thing in my work place. Keep sharing!