Sunday, May 4, 2008

Why Bother?????


What is it about the combination of Sunday, church and young children that seem to throw my world off its axis? Take any one of the variables out of the equation and the chaos is reduced drastically. My young children love going to church on any other day Mon- Sat.- we go there for playgroup, scouts, basketball and other activities but come Sunday and you know what, breaks loose. Take church out of the equation and my young children would behave or misbehave, as they do any other day. But try to go to church on Sunday and, you know what, breaks loose. Take young children out of the equation and well....... that's a no brainer, I would have a peaceful Sunday at church! I know those days are coming and I before I know it my kids will be grown and out of the house, yadda, yadda, yadda!
We lasted about 10 minutes this afternoon at church. It's always more challenging when I'm flying solo because Quinn is working. Today, Trey missed his afternoon nap and was so tired the only thing he could manage to do was cry. Quincy, bless her ever little, competing for my attention, heart, had to act up to ensure she received as much attention as Trey and Reece was trying to bargain his reverence for money. PLEASE!
I packed Trey and Quincy up and told Reece he could stay for primary and walk home. To my surprise he enthusiastically agreed.
As I was pondering the afternoon events I felt impressed to blog, for my posterity, the reason why I choose to endure the combination of Sunday, Church and young children. It's very simple- I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he suffered for my sins in the garden of gethsemane. I love the Savior and for that reason I will continue to survive the combination of Sunday, church and young children. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: