Friday, May 9, 2008

How sweet it is to be loved by you

Reece is 4 1/2 years older than Quincy. I really enjoyed that space between the two of them. Reece was in school full time so during the day I wasn't juggling two kids. When Quincy took a nap, I could take a nap. I could focus on Quincy while Reece was at school and really focus on Reece when he returned home. I didn't suffer from the guilt of not giving one or the other too much or too little of my time. Plus at 4 1/2 Reece was really independent and a big help(when he wanted to be) with the baby. It was really nice. When I found out I was pregnant with Trey I was a little nervous because Quincy would only be 2 1/2 when he born. I knew it would be a completely different experience and wasn't quite sure what to expect. The kids and I have had our ups and downs. However, thus far we have managed to survive. Reece is an awesome big brother to Trey and Quincy (most of the time) but what I have noticed about Quincy and Trey that Reece didn't really have with Quincy is the friendship. Quincy and Trey are really good friends. They can play together for hours. People told me that happens when kids are closer to each other in age. Who knew????

Yesterday I walked into Trey's room and found this.....
They both had their blankets and were squished into the laundry basket. Instead of freaking out that they were sitting on dirty clothes I grabbed my camera and told them to smile.

3 comments:

Torrie said...

How cute! They look like they have fun together. Drew and Avery are the same way. Avery adores Drew and will follow him everywhere in the hopes that he will even give her the time of day. I love that they get along so well. We can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Marne said...

What a great memory Ami. Good job for not freaking out... :) :)

You are a blogging fool now! Love it!

Angie said...

That really is such a sweet picture! They are too cute!