Friday, May 23, 2008

Hooked on Elmo


I went to the library the other day and rented an Elmo DVD. Trey became a junkie after one viewing. Just once- I guess it only takes once. We have had the video for 4 days and each morning he runs to the television, points and mumbles nothing that resembles Elmo, but I know what he wants. He has thrown his first tantrums because I tell him NO MORE ELMO! I can't believe this kid. I conducted a highly scientific experiement with him to see how long he would actually sit staring at the tv. He sat mesmorized for that show 2 times through- I turned it off after the second time through. After all, any "GOOD" mother would not let her 19 month old sit in front of the television for that long, right? Thank goodness this video is due back tomorrow otherwise I might find myself buckling to the toddler pressure and letting him watch it all day long-I think I'll head to Wally world (walmart) and try to find some elmo books.

4 comments:

Marne said...

That is exactly how Braden was at that age with Veggie Tales. That kid could sit for an entire 30 minutes and watch the show.

Angie said...

Ami, you are such a good blogger-love all your posts! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day! That picture is so cute! Sometimes I wish Maya would sit and watch something for 30 minutes!!

Torrie said...

I admit, I let Drew watch entirely too much tv. He is addicted to "Super Why" and "Word World" right now.

Sarah Pearl said...

Any "good" mom would let their kid watch as much elmo as they wanted so they could keep the house clean and get the laundry done. Oh, and document it on their blog while they're in a blissful state...Right?